Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Closet

Many have cages to keep out the shark
But I had a closet that was often dark
Hooked on damnation poised to lose
Already too far gone being different
The hiding now a full time task
Squirm a way of life

A creature of the cruelties I witness
No face to put on their fears
Unable to diminish the abstractness of it all
I cracked the door an inch

A glimmer of tolerance beams in
Venture out at your own risk
Years of holding it in swimming under water
My lungs bursting to breathe

I can be pushed or pointed
But I get to choose my path
They have to see me, know me
Look at me I look like you

Go away stereotype
I’ve exposed you as paranoia
Having not accrued any dislike for you
I desire to remove our primitive discomfort

Shall we walk and talk
Pirates are having a hell of a year
Yes, I like coffee sugar, no not you, in the coffee
You’re funny too
If I’d of only known

No comments: