Saturday, February 24, 2007

Amber's Song

You should be Daddy's little pumkin
your Momma's pride and joy
I should be there to hold you
but your Momma dont know me know more
all I have is a picture taken when you were born
you have a mother that loves you
but your Daddy aint around no more

How time flys my little girl just turned four
I bet you had a big party but you still deserve much more
blow out your candels I hope your wish comes true
your Momma must be smiling
she's gotta be proud of you

Ch.. I was only 18
too young to love you
I was just a kid myself
but if you knew me
I'd know you'd love me
I'd know i'd fall in love with you

You have your momma's smile
I know you have my hair
but you dont even see me I know that
just aint fair
I hope your Momma told you all about your old man
whats left of her memorys I hope you understand

you should be Daddy's little pumkin
your Momma's pride and joy

Written for my Daughter Amber Macdonald

No comments: